I've been collecting trading cards since I was 5 years old in mid 90's. Then I had a little break from collecting (like most of you I guess) until I got back to the hobby few years ago. What makes my story a bit different is the reason why I got back into my childhood's hobby. Three and a half years ago my fiancee encouraged me to get back to collecting trading cards and here we are, still together and collecting. She just loves ripping open new packs of cards whilst I enjoy going through piles of cards and chasing the missing ones from a set.
Collecting aside for a moment, I've also been writing for as long as I remember, little sketches on notebooks, short stories on computer and I even had a go with full sized novel. But there's something I've never done. I have never written a blog. That's why I decided to start year 2018 with one and combine my two hobbies. I'll be writing mostly about trading cards, my personal collections and other stuff related to collecting. Since I'm new to this, expect some changes in the layout and style of the blog in the coming weeks as I like to edit and update these on the go.
This blog is not, however, the only new thing I'll be doing this year. I have some other things in mind that will help document my collecting and hopefully bring some joy to the audience as well. More on these ideas in the future blog posts.
Enjoy your collecting!
Welcome to the world of card blogging! It is fun and very rewarding, but it does take quite a bit of time the more yo get into it. I think it's worth it though! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about the hobby!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'm really looking forward to this and hope to find the time to update this blog regularly.
Delete